Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

IR Receiver with basic motor

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

IR Receiver with basic motor

Postby rrpking » Sun May 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Hello! I have tried other forums, but they weren't helpful enough. Anyways, I built an infrared receiver that lights an led when an infrared signal is detected. This worked fine. However, I then replaced the LED with a basic motor (1.5-3V) and the motor would not run. I am using an IR Receiver module http://www.vishay.com/docs/82013/tsop12xx.pdf which has an current output of 5 mA, which I assume is too small for the motor.

How would I amplify the current to the motor? I know I have to use a transistor, but even when I tried it didn't work out.
rrpking

Re: IR Receiver with basic motor

Postby electroyas » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:14 pm

i also have built one of those ir receiver, but tv remote gives you data signals ,for example sony remote gives you a 14 bit pattern as i can remember, check the exact coding and decode it using microcontroller. Then to drive a motor you will need a power transistor or power mosfet and a diode to safe from back emf. If you connected a npn transistor always connect the load to the collector side. Most of us mistakenly connect to the emmiter which will not operate correctly as desired. I hope this will be helpful
-------------------------------------
Life is a great mystery
electroyas

Re: IR Receiver with basic motor

Postby xrockers10 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:16 am

please show the circuit
xrockers10

Return to Electronic Circuits Help