Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Proper connection of power and audio out on an fm receiver

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Proper connection of power and audio out on an fm receiver

Postby Duhjoker0077 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 pm

This is part 2 of my wireless guitar amplification system. I found a receiver I would like to use to build an FM receiver unit for my wireless guitar system. ( see topic connecting power components to fm radio transmitter module ) I'm posting pics below with descrptio. I want to use a 9v battery with 9v battery plug and an on/off switch connected to the battery plug and then connect the audio to a 1/4 inch jack but there are so many "feet" I don't know what to do. And I am a lay person new to soldering and circuitry so please explain as easy as possible. And thank you for any and all answers.

Pic of receiver model front and back

Back side

Label: mini Fm radio receiver module

Description:
Power in: DC 3.7 to 9v (8ma strand by)
Sensitivity: - 105dbm
Audio output voltage: 1v (stereo)
BTL audio out put voltage: 2w/4ohm
Antenna use: 0.3 to 1 meter wire

It can drive the headphone. BTL out put can drive the speaker.

Dip switches control frequency. 8 to choose from

Pin1: +3.5v to 9v
Pin2: ground
Pin3: & 4 BTL out
Pin5: ground
Pin6: R audio out put
Pin7: L audio out put
Pin8 & 9: turn on when turn on its VCC?? ( just writing what the description said )

Like I said just want to use this module to recieve the signal from my fm radio transmitter. I know it needs a battery with a power switch, and the audio L&R to connect to a 1/4 inch stereo jack. I don't need a volume switch as long as my guitar amplifier can hear it loud enough to amplify it. But I do need it to sound as good as possible so I will do it however you think would be best. I'm choosing to use a 9v for its small size so I compact the system as much as possible. Thanks for your help guys.
Duhjoker0077

Re: Proper connection of power and audio out on an fm receiv

Postby pebe » Mon May 20, 2013 2:44 pm

It appears that a particular received frequency is selected by the 3pole red switch. I cannot see any tuning control so I assume that they are spot frequencies. You haven't given details of the transmitter, but does it match the same frequencies?
pebe

Postby Duhjoker0077 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Yea sorry the the dip switches control the frequency with 8 to choose from, and yes the transmitter matches the frequency. These will be dedicated units to each other. You can see the transmitter I built by choosing " electronics circuits help" then choose topic " connecting power components to FM radio transmitter module ".
Duhjoker0077

Postby pebe » Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 pm

I have looked up the item on ebay (#260794572970) and there does not seem to be much information on it.

But I suggest you wire Bat+ to pin1, Bat- to pin2, audio output ground to pin5, and take the audio output signal from pin6 or pin7, depending on whether you guitar is connected to the Right or Left channel on the transmitter.

You don't need connections to the other pins.
pebe

Postby Duhjoker0077 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Thank you but now I have another question. The audio jack on the fm radio transmitter is for a stereo plug which I plan on using a mono plug to connect to that port and running the wires straight to the output jack of the guitar. If I do it that way how do I know which port L or R to use on the reciever to pickup the sound from the transmitter.
Duhjoker0077

Postby Duhjoker0077 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Ok I did a lil experiment with my stereo jack cable. I split it separated the three wires one red on white and one that's just plain copper wire with no rubber sleeve. I hooked up the red to the red wire on my stereo speaker then the white wire to the black wire on my stereo speaker and found out that you have to make the un shielded copper touch either the red or the black to make it work. So here's my question. Would it be possible to hook up both the red and white wires from my stereo wire to the positive on my guitar jack and the un shielded copper wire to the negative that way it doesn't matter whether or not you are using either the left or right on the radio reciever? Or how would you hook up a stereo plug and wire to a mono jack?
Duhjoker0077

Postby Duhjoker0077 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Ignore last post did some experimenting. It's weird. Ok I'm using a stereo extension cable to run from the input on the transmitter to the output jack on the guitar. The cable has three wires a red a white and a copper wire with no sleeve. Like you said I need to hook up my mono plug on the receiver to either the right or left channel. So how do hook up the wires right please? Thank you for all your help.
Duhjoker0077

Postby Duhjoker0077 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Ok here's a good question for you. Using a 3.5 mm stereo plug ( with extra cable to solder to the guitar output ) and the cable having 3 leads a right+ and left+ and ground. After connecting the 3.5mm stereo cable into the transmitters input Would it be possible to connect both the R&L positives from the transmitter to the positive on the guitar out put positive and the single ground wire to the ground on the guitar output jack. Then on the reciever taking both the R&L positives and hooking them up to the positive lead on my 1/4 inch mono plug that goes into my amplifier and hooking up a single double thick ground from the R&L ground foot on the receiver to the 1/4 inch mono plugs ground? I'm thinking this would make the sound quality double since its broadcasting and receiving in double mono or mono through both channels. I don't know how to say that right but it seems like it would work and would be a hole lot easier.
Duhjoker0077

Postby pebe » Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 pm

It would be OK to connect up left and right channels in parallel as you propose. But there is no advantage in quality over using a single channel.
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help