Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

MicroUSB headset adapter

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

MicroUSB headset adapter

Postby JMACgyver » Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Howdy all,

I've got a Samsung (hereafter referred to as 'Ss') Evergreen (model a667) that comes with a MicroUSB (uUSB) port for charging, data, headset, etc.
I have older headsets that I would prefer to use with this, as all the other alternatives are undesirable for me.

Now, I know Ss makes a uUSB headset for this, but I need to know how best to wire an adapter from the UUSB port to a 2.5/3.5mm, 3 or 4 pole phone plug/jack.

The pinouts for most Ss phones can be found at pinouts.ru , but I would really like to see if anyone has any confirmation as to what works and what doesnt, or, if they have a uUSB headset they can traces the wire back to the ear- and mike-pieces from for me (and if any other circuitry is involved).

Thanks in Advance,
--Electro--
aka The Other David

PS: I have all the connectors types already, so I would prefer not to have a $20 ebay purchase that may or may not work recommended...thnx
"In Theory, the is no difference between practice and theory. In Practice, there is."
JMACgyver

Return to Electronic Circuits Help