Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

audio noise filter phone record

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

audio noise filter phone record

Postby Mavrik » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm trying to record from my cell phone to the computer using the phone headset jack as an output. I can hear fine on the speakers, but as soon as I connect a microphone to the phone (like a headset would be) I get this loud buzzing/blipping type noise only when a call is in progress. I moved the microphone ground to the computer case and the noised reduced allot but still very noticeable. A ceramic cap across the mic reduces it a little (tried different sizes). What do I need to do to eliminate the buzzing/blipping noise?
Mavrik

Re: audio noise filter phone record

Postby I_Daniel » Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 am

I have found that it is better to download something onto the memory card of the cellphone and then to transfer the file with an USB or Bluetooth to the computer. i.e similar to transferring Fotos and E-mails.

The buzzing could caused by the radio frequency and harmonics from the PC intermingling. This is just a guess though.
I_Daniel

Postby Mavrik » Tue May 01, 2012 1:50 pm

I don't have those options, it's just a basic phone, a place for wired headset and charging.
Mavrik

Postby I_Daniel » Thu May 03, 2012 6:35 am

The noise is usually the identification codes being received and transmitted by the cell-phone. It is sometimes possible to move the phone around as you tried which lessens or eliminates the buzzing. The buzzing could also be caused by a loose connection on the lead you are using to connect the cellphone to the computer. Cell-phones and computers are almost "famous" for causing radio and audio frequency disturbances which are caused by intermingling of frequencies and harmonics. Even power leads pick up the frequencies and they are demodulated by transistors or diodes in the circuits.
I_Daniel

Return to Electronic Circuits Help