Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Microwave inverters

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Microwave inverters

Postby iwdprofessor » Sun May 08, 2011 9:52 am

Hi, I am trying to use a Panasonic microwave inverter for a project I am experimenting with. I have limited knowledge with electronics but I can work from a circuit diagram. I have received some advice but so far non of it has worked.
I understand the basic transformer circuit with the diode capacitor voltage doubler.
The inverter basic circuit I can just about understand but there is a control input point needing 2-3v and an information output point, again showing 2-3v
All I need is to switch the inverter on
I have tried putting 2-3v dc between the input & 0v but this has no effect
Can someone help in diagrammatic form please.
I have attached copy of the inverter circuit diagram but it does not show the control detail. Thanks hopefully.

Regarding the door safety switches, high temperature cut-out and a thermocouple, these are linked in with a control board that feeds the signal into the control point on the inverter board.
The only inputs to the inverter board are the mentioned control, 2-3v "DPC" and 230v ac power input "CN702". Other connections are two low voltage feeds to the magnetron heaters CN703, one of them is used for a high voltage feed to the magnetron the other is the ground connection
Attachments
Panasonic inverter circuit 001.jpg
I have included the full diagram but it it does not show what the other control inputs are, the door safety switches only serve as on-off devices, hope this helps
Panasonic inverter circuit 001.jpg (384.91 KiB) Viewed 6920 times
HV_Inverter_Schematic.jpg
HV_Inverter_Schematic.jpg (67.7 KiB) Viewed 6928 times
Last edited by iwdprofessor on Mon May 09, 2011 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
iwdprofessor

Postby admin » Sun May 08, 2011 4:58 pm

The microwave would have multiple levels of safety (like door is closed for example) so you need to make sure you are making it think that everything is ok for it to power on.

Perhaps we can help better if you are not trying to hide rest of the circuit!
regards,
Admin.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Electronic Circuits Help