Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Multiple delay switch circuit

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Multiple delay switch circuit

Postby matzy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi,

I am trying to find a diagram or help in creating a circuit that uses a 9v input and when operated by a switch it triggers multiple 9v outputs on separate terminals. In principle it should be very easy, but i'm a complete newbie on the electronic circuitry required to do this, I'm perfectly fine with a soldering iron and wiring things up, just need a plan to work from

I'll explain what it is for which should help to clarify what i'm after.

I am part owner of a paintball company and we are currently organising a game which has our usual pyro effects involved. Usually I trigger most pyro effects using a remote system, or at its most basic using a 9v battery and speaker wire. The pyros are ignited by simply passing them a 6v+ current. For this game I want to be able to flick a switch and have it trigger multiple currents with varied time delays (as low as half a second maybe) which will allow me to create a multiple bang explosion effect instead of the standard press a button and one bang.

I have looked at many ideas and i'm thinking using multiple 555 timer IC's to do this, I would also need a way to be able to control the delay of each output if possible so I could create something like the following

Output 1: Delay 0 seconds
Output 2: Delay 0.1 seconds
Output 3: Delay 0.5 seconds
Output 4: Delay 1 seconds
Output 5: Delay 1.2 seconds

If its still not clear what i#m after please ask me and i'll try to explain a little clearer.

Many thanks
matzy

Postby pebe » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:36 am

Hi,
What current do the igniters take?
What is the maximum number of timers ?
What is the maximum time you want?
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help